Without the help and support of an experienced DWI attorney, a DWI charge in New York State can be a life-changing event. Peter W. Green, Esq. has the knowledge, expertise, and dedication to get you results in your DWI case. It is important that you contact an experienced DWI lawyer to protect your liberty and your license and to keep you out of jail. Peter W. Green, Esq. will work to get you the results you want in your DWI case.
Being arrested for drunk-driving or driving while under the influence of marijuana, drugs, or prescription medication can result in jail time, loss of license, fines and surcharges in the thousands as well as license suspensions and revocations. If you have been arrested, it is important to be sure that your defense attorney knows the legal strategies and has the experiences necessary for you to get results.
New York has some of the harshest penalties for individuals charged with DWI:
- If your blood alcohol content is .08 or higher you could be charged with the misdemeanor of DWI in violation of Vehicle and Traffic Law Section 1192(2) and 1192(3)
- If your blood alcohol content is .18 or higher you could be charged with the misdemeanor of Aggravated DWI
- If your blood alcohol content is between .06 and .08 you could be charged with the traffic infraction of DWAI in violation of Vehicle and Traffic Law Section 1192(1)
- If your blood contains marijuana, drugs, and/or some prescription medications you could be charged with DWAI in violation of Vehicle and Traffic Law Section 1192(4)
- If you refuse a breath test/breathalyzer your license could be suspended by the court and an administrative refusal hearing ordered
- A second DWI charge in ten years can be considered a felony and result in a sentence of up to 4 years in prison
- Drivers with a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) face enhanced penalties
- Drivers who are under age 21 can lose their license for up to one year or until they reach the age of 21 depending on their circumstances
Peter W. Green, Esq. has experience fighting for clients facing the following issues:
- Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs
- Standardized Field Sobriety Tests (SFTS)
– Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus
– Walk and Turn
– One Leg Stand
– Other tests
- Hardship License
- Conditional License
- DMV refusal hearings
- All other aspects of DWI defense
Peter W. Green, Esq. is one of the few attorneys in the Hudson Valley who regularly takes DWI cases to trial. He is an experienced lawyer who will investigate the charges and conduct the defense that you deserve.